A specifically developed clear coating designed to bond smoke, dust, pollen or other fine particles to metal, wood or other surface types when complete removal is impractical. Can be brushed, sprayed or fogged.Specifically developed as a result of Fabpro research.
The Fabpro research team recognized the problem in complete removal of dust, smoke, pollen and other fine particles from heating and air conditioning ducts, unfinished attics, crawl spaces, etc. Fine particle accumulations in these “hard to clean” structural areas can be a major odor and health related problem. Fabpro Soot Sealer was specially developed to provide an easy, efficient and cost effective means of creating a “clean” environmental space.
Sets and hold smoke, dust, pollen-fine particles-in air or heat ducts.
A “must do” step after a fire damage or smoke removal cleaning.
Fabpro’s Soot Sealer unique formulation of clear coating ingredients create an easy-to-apply smoke, dust or pollen particle sealant for air conditioner or heat duct work. When applied as directed, an application of Fabpro’s Soot Sealer completes a structural cleaning by bonding fine particle matter to metal, wood or other surface types found in traditional inaccessible areas.
Assists in creating a more healthful environment.
Home, office and institutional ventilation systems historically have been virtually inaccessible for cleaning. The result has been a long term build-up of soot, dust, pollen and other fine particle matter which cam affect many individuals living or working in closed-in areas. A Soot Sealer application can seal in troublesome fine particle matter creating a more helpful environment by preventing them from being air-borne.
A versatile, efficient rough surface sealant.
An application of Fabpro’s Soot Sealer to rough, hard to clean surfaces such as wood, concrete, cinder block, crawl spaces or basements can bond dust and other fine particles to the surface. This fine particle bonding simplifies “dust control” in these traditionally hard to clean areas. Fabpro’s Soot Sealer assists in the control of air borne pollen/dust.
Can be brushed, sprayed or fogged.
Fabpro’s Soot Sealer formulation allows application by the most efficient yet economical means. This means that Soot Sealer can be applied by brush, spray or fog as dictated by the surface to be treated time allotted and/or accessibility to the surface. The ability to be applied by multiple method types gives the flexibility to choose the most cost efficient method in order to achieve the desired fine particle sealing.
Retains its holding strength over long periods of time.
Once applied, a Soot Sealer application remains strong to hold the fine particles and prevent them from becoming air-borne. This clear sealant strength results regardless whether Soot Sealer is applied by brush, spray or fog methods.
Economical to use.
One gallon of Soot Sealer will seal approximately 80 cubic feet of duct work found in a typical 3 bedroom home. On flat surfaces, one gallon will treat up to 800 square feet depending on surface type and porosity.
Easy to use directions.
When fogging with a quality fogger:
1. Use Fabpro Soot Sealer undiluted as it comes from container. Pour Soot Sealer into clean fogging machine chemical reservoir.
2. Apply to area using industry acceptable fogging techniques. Allow application to dry.
3. Clean equipment immediately after use.
When applying in a spraying:
1. Use Fabpro Soot Sealer undiluted as it comes from container. Pour Soot Sealer into clean hand pump or electric sprayer with #4 nozzle.
2. Apply Soot Sealer evenly and uniformly over the surface just to the point of run off. Allow application to dry. Repeat if necessary.
6. Clean equipment immediately after use.
Wheb applying with a brush:
1. Pour Fabpro Soot Sealer into clean painters bucket.
2. Using a quality, clean brush designed for oil based paints, apply Soot Sealer to surface using painting industry acceptable techniques. Allow application to dry. Repeat if necessary.
3. Clean equipment immediately after use.
Available in 4/1 gallon case or economical 5 gallon container.